Gluten can cause allergic responses and even celiac disease if an intolerance occurs. The intolerance level is often depending on the gluten variety, which is relevant to the use of oats having low effect on celiac suffers. Here, five different flour samples including a gluten-free and a supermarket self raising flour were analysed for wheat peptide markers. In all the flours except the gluten-free one, wheat peptide markers can be found.
So far, ELISA based on R5 antibody detection is used. This assay can detect the presence of barley, rye and wheat, but cannot differentiate between them. It is not sensitive to oats. Further, it has the disadvantage of giving false positive or negative results due to either unspecific binding to the protein region or changes in the protein structure by processing. MicroLC-MS/MS using YMC-Triart C18 capillary columns can not only detect gluten markers in processed food, but it can also distinguish between varieties.
With the help of mircoLC-MS/MS it is further possible to detect markers in processed food and also distinguish between varieties. In the oat cookies, wheat and oats markers were detected while in the wheat cookies only wheat peptide markers were found. The gluten-free products were actually gluten free, as no markers where detectable.
1. Heick, J.; Fischer, M.; Pöpping, B. First screening method for the simultaneous detection of seven allergens by liquid chromatography mass spectrometry. J. Chromatogr. A 2011, 1218, 938–943
- New Product - 0.3ML Short Thread PP Screw Micro...
- New Manufacture Line For Syringe Filter
- New Arrival - 40ml EPA VOA With Label
- OEM Packing
- Teamwork On The Huangshan Mountain
- New Packing For 40ml EPA VOA Vial
- 2016 Chinese Lunar New Year.
- 2016 Journey In Jeju Island.
- New Product - 9mm Magnetic Short Thread Closures.
- New Product - 2ml Step Vial For Gas Chromatogra...
- Rapid Analysis Of 17 Bile Acids In Human Plasma...
- Holiday Notice Of Spring Festival
- What Factors Should Be Considered In Selecting ...
- 2019 New Year Expecting
- Agilent And The Zombie Fungus
- Astaxanthin: A Molecule That Allows You See Thr...