Over the centuries, ginger has been used to treat a wide range of conditions including colds and flu, dyspepsia, flatulence and colic, migraine, nausea, rheumatic disorders, and vomiting.
Now, as use of its derivatives in modern dietary supplements rises, in order to maintain a high level of quality control, it is imperative that manufacturers and standards agencies have a robust method for analysis.
Dr. Hong You and his team at Eurofins Supplement Analysis Center have developed an analysis method for ginger, using Phenomenex Kinetex HPLC superficially porous particles column and ChromaDex certified reference materials.
This method is the first method that meets all AOAC Standard Method Performance Requirements (SMPR) 2017.012 (Quantitation of Select Nonvolatile Ginger Constituents) and is being adopted as AOAC Official Method of Analysis (OMA) First Action. Therefore, the method has the potential to be used as a reference method for meeting FDA’s CGMP compliance for the manufacture and quality control of ginger-containing dietary supplements.
1. You, H et al; Determination of bioactive nonvolatile ginger constituents in dietary supplements by a rapid and economic HPLC method: analytical method development and single-laboratory validation; (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.talanta.2018.10.075)
2. Kemper K. Ginger ( zingiber officinale ); Longwood Herbal Task Force and the Center for Holistic Pediatric Education and Research. 1999 Longwood Herbal Task Force
- New Product - 0.3ML Short Thread PP Screw Micro...
- New Manufacture Line For Syringe Filter
- New Arrival - 40ml EPA VOA With Label
- OEM Packing
- Teamwork On The Huangshan Mountain
- New Packing For 40ml EPA VOA Vial
- 2016 Chinese Lunar New Year.
- 2016 Journey In Jeju Island.
- New Product - 9mm Magnetic Short Thread Closures.
- New Product - 2ml Step Vial For Gas Chromatogra...
- FISH IQ: WHAT EATING FISH FREQUENTLY MEANS FOR ...
- What Are Dioxins? And What Are They Doing In My...
- We Are Excited To Announce That Our Factory Hav...