Formaldehyde is a fairly common material in the environment - from both natural and man-made sources. Living organisms produce formaldehyde as a product of metabolism. The major source of formaldehyde in the environment comes from combustion – from engines, waste incineration, power stations and wood burning. And cooking is one source of formaldehyde in smoked meats — from the smoke formed when wood burns. PAHs and HCAs can form when meats are cooked, due to reactions as amino acids, sugars and other substances react at high temperatures.
Animal models suggest that PAHs, HCAs and formaldehyde could be carcinogenic – that is, cause cancer. There are some studies that show links between formaldehyde and cancer in humans. Although most of these studies are looking for occupational links between formaldehyde and cancer. But with the links between cancer and formaldehyde, it is important that we know what is in the food we eat. That is why the referenced study is important.
Liquid Chromatography is an accurate, sensitive and selective ultra high-performance method for the analysis of formaldehyde in smoked meat.
Report shows that the method had a detection limit as low as 0.25 µg/g and a recovery of standard addition of between 86-93%. The method is reported to be fit for purpose and is suitable as a reference method for the detection of formaldehyde in smoked food.
*Above information is excerpt from website https://www.chromatographytoday.com/news/hplc-uhplc/31/breaking-news/formaldehyde-in-smoked-meat-chromatography-investigates/46810
During Liquid Chromatography Analysis, chromatography vials and closures will be essential during sample preparation. Vials volume are from 2ml to 60ml for different sampling request. PTFE/Silicone septa are anti-corrosion to protect lab staff.
- New Product - 0.3ML Short Thread PP Screw Micro...
- New Manufacture Line For Syringe Filter
- New Arrival - 40ml EPA VOA With Label
- OEM Packing
- Teamwork On The Huangshan Mountain
- New Packing For 40ml EPA VOA Vial
- 2016 Chinese Lunar New Year.
- 2016 Journey In Jeju Island.
- New Product - 9mm Magnetic Short Thread Closures.
- New Product - 2ml Step Vial For Gas Chromatogra...
- How Pollution Affects Our Food Crops
- MODERN CHROMATOGRAPHY COMBATS THE CRIME OF OLIV...
- Dangerous And Opportunity Exist Together In The...
- Rapid And Sensitive Determination Of Chlordiaze...
- Analitica China 2018
- A Simple, Sensitive And Reliable LC-MS/MS Metho...
- Mass Spectrometry In Biopharmaceutical Discovery
- Is Less Exhaled Hydrogen A Marker Of Heart Fail...